Any small business that is not developing an expansive Online presence as part of your online marketing activities is missing an opportunity to gain visibility and develop an expert reputation. Think of your online presence as one entity with many customer touch points. Each of those touch points must effectively convey your brand and your message in order to help your target audience continue their effort to get to know you.
A Online presence analysis is an exercise that helps you determine how your business is perceived when someone searches for your area of expertise. Important to your online marketing strategy, this analysis answers questions such as :
- How well can your business be found when someone searches?
- Is your brand consistent across all of your online properties?
- How is your business seen with respect to your competition?
Evaluating how you are perceived online will help you pinpoint areas that need attention, enabling you to develop a better online marketing plan that focuses on these specific areas and puts activities in place that will improve the effectiveness of your online marketing.
- Keyword analysis and research – For your top keyword phrases, where do you rank if at all?
- Search engine visibility – How well can I find you and what is missing?
- Website structure analysis – Does your website lack the proper items that lead to being found?
- Social media analysis – Is your social presence consistent and well integrated with other social properties and your website?
- Competitive understanding – How do you compare to your competitors?