Table of content:
- What is Digital Marketing?
- Social Media Marketing- Grabbing the limelight!
- Popular Types of Social Media Marketing
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing strategies incorporate different methods of marketing strategies such as Email Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, Pay-Per-Click, Affiliate Marketing, Mobile Marketing, Influencer Marketing, and Content Marketing. It uses the technologies of smartphones, the internet, social media, and similar digital mediums to market the products and services of a company.
Unlike conventional marketing methods like television advertisements, billboards, and prints, digital marketing strategies are data-driven. With comprehensive data analysis on digital campaign reports, any business has the power to boost its sales. Technology and the internet together offer different types of data on user engagements or customer behavior, allowing them to facilitate custom content towards their target audience for increased engagement and amplified results.
Social Media Marketing – Grabbing the Limelight!
It is true that businesses can make a profound impact on their customers by delivering an omnichannel experience to the consumers and by engaging with them at various touchpoints with the help of different digital marketing channels. However, in the past decade, social media marketing has outrun the other mediums of digital marketing strategies to become one of the most preferred forms of marketing.
Social media apps and websites allow users to create and exchange custom-created content featuring personal interests and portfolios. Users can text, participate and share information amongst themselves using various technologies like social networking websites and blogs. In the last decade, social media has become a powerful platform for social networking and entertainment, news updates, marketing, and promotion.
With a substantial explosion of the increase in the number of social media users looking for products and services they require, online marketing companies and professionals are viewing social media as their pivotal means of marketing.
Here is a list of essential social media statistics that reveal its significance in digital marketing:
- According to a global analysis, there are 4.55 billion (as of October 2021) social media users across the world.
- A typical user spends around 2.5 hours each day on social media, visiting 6 to 7 social media platforms on an average each day. Around 15% of people’s waking lives (considering they sleep between 7 to 8 hours) is spent using social media.
- In a blog poll conducted amongst more than 1000 marketing professionals (global), it was found that 79% of marketers buy paid advertising on social media.
- As per the same poll above, 50% of marketers also plan on increasing their investment in YouTube, Facebook, and Tiktok in the year 2022.
Popular Types of Social Media Marketing
There are different types of social media marketing tools and platforms. The most commonly used social media platforms globally are Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Tiktok, Pinterest, and LinkedIn. There are different ways to market products and services on these platforms. Some of the most popular types of social media marketing include:
- Video Advertisements
- Photo Advertisements
- Messenger Advertisements
- Stories Advertisements
Every day, more businesses and marketing professionals dip their toes in social media using looking to exploit various social media marketing tools to promote their business. With a strategic and robust social media marketing plan and set actionable goals, one can reach and leave an impact on their target audience.